Spicy Meatballs to get you out of a rut!
My family LOVES meatballs. I love that they’re an easy addiction to meal prep Sunday, and we all love how yummy and satisfying they are.
I found myself in a meatball rut in the winter, and my friend Jasmine shared a recipe for Asian meatballs that sounded like a great way to mix things up.
One of my goals with this site is always to share healthier versions of comfort food. I love to sneak in extra veggies, and stick to ingredients that don’t weigh you down.
I used that original recipe as a spring board to experiment with new flavor profiles, and after a few attempts I found this combo, and knew it was the winner.
- 2lbs ground turkey
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 3/4C oat flour
- 1/2C grated zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2tsp chili powder
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch Himalayan pink sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a bowl, and mix thoroughly by hand.
- Form into 1-1/2in balls, and bake at 350 for 20 minutes on a foil lined baking sheet (makes 24 meatballs)
SRIRACHA HONEY GLAZE
- 3 Tbsp Sriracha
- 3 Tbsp Tamari
- 3 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste (available @ Trader Joe’s) or 1tsp minced ginger
- 1 minced clove of garlic or 1/2tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to a small sauce pan, and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
Once the meatballs are cooked, transfer to a storage container (like this lovely glass Pyrex) and drizzle the glaze on top. Give the dish a little wiggle to coat them completely!
Serve with AN-Y-THING. veggies, zoodles, brown rice, bibimbap or my favorite, add them to the @toneitupnutrition Butternut Squash Lentil Soup