Holiday Punch With a Tropical Twist
This week we had our 2nd annual 'Cocktails, Cookies, and Carols' with our Neighbors. We spend 3 hours walking from house to house, getting to know our neighbors, singing songs, and opening up our homes to one another for treats and festivities.
The Pumpkin Snickerdoodles I shared in my holiday tips post were a HIT last year, so I decided to build on that spiced theme, and create a complementary cocktail to pair with them.
This cocktail was inspired by one if my daily wellness habits, which is a morning shot of apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, and pineapple juice. The warmth of the cinnamon with the bright flavor of the pineapple simultaneously remind me of the holidays and warm Hawaiian beaches. I love pineapples so much- one lives year-round on our dining room wall.
To keep with the tropical beach vibe, our house carols were the best of the best: Beach Boys Christmas. oooohhhhh lil' saint nickkkkk....
The best part about this cocktail is that it easily converts to a mocktail for kids or for anyone who isn't drinking. The SECOND best part is that this is an easy make-ahead recipe. The syrup can be made 3 days in advance, and the Punch base can be made a full day ahead of your party- just be sure NOT to add the sparkling water until its time to serve!
One more tip! if you have a large group coming over, pre-garnish your glasses (up to 1 hour ahead of the party), so that you can pour and go as your guests arrive. I used 3 fresh cranberries and 1 small orange segment in each glass.
Without further adieu, here's the holiday punch of your tropical dreams!
Spiced Pineapple Rum Punch
Prep: 15 minutes Inactive Time: 30 Minutes Makes 8 Servings
- 3Tbsp Whole Mulling Spices OR 2 sachets of ground mulling spices)
- 3Tbsp Honey
- 1/2C Water
- Place ingredients in a small sauce pan, and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat, and let the mixture simmer until the liquid has reduced by half (about 10 minutes)
- Remove from heat, and cool completely. Once cooled, strain mulling spices, and set the syrup aside for use, or refrigerate in a jar for up to 3 days
- 4C Pineapple Juice
- 1/4C Spiced Syrup
- 1 1/2 C Dark Spiced Rum
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 36oz sparkling water- we have a Soda Stream and LOVE it!
- Place all ingredients in a 96oz pitcher except the sparkling water. I love this pitcher
- Cover, and let refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or overnight)
- Add sparkling water and give a quick stir when you're ready to serve.
- Garnish cups with fresh cranberries and orange segments
**For an alcohol-free mocktail, omit rum, and add one additional 12oz sparkling water. CHEERS!**
Cheers to you as we head full swing into the holidays!! May your days be merry and bright, and may all your cocktails be delicious! 😉