Cashew Cream 'Alfredo' Sauce
this is a great alternative to alfredo, filled with healthy fats and protein
- 2C cashews
- filtered water (for soaking)
- 1 to 1-1/2 C vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1tsp garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4tsp nutmeg
- Place cashews in a bowl (I put them in my pyrex glass measuring up) and cover completely with cold filtered water. Let sit for 1-2 hours.
- Drain and rinse the cashews, and put them into your food processor. Add 1c of broth and all seasonings.
- Puree until the sauce is creamy and smooth.
- Add remaining broth 1/4c at a time until your sauce is at the desired consistency.
Keeps for 3 days, covered, and refrigerated. Makes ~2C depending on consistency.
My favorite way to serve this is with protein pasta and turkey meatballs!
Use it as a sauce, a dip, a salad dressing, or just a yummy way to get a little more protein in your diet!
- 1C Plain Greek Yogurt (I use full-fat)
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2Tbsp minced dill
- ½ tsp garlic powder
Mix everything together, and serve. That’s it! If you’re using it as a salad dressing, add 2Tbsp olive oil to thin out consistency.
Keeps for 3 days, covered and refrigerated.
Mexican Mocha Mini-Loaves
MAKES 12 MINI LOAVES (I LOVE THIS MINI LOAF PAN, AND THIS HEART SHAPED PAN)
- 1/2C Tone It Up Chocolate Protein powder
- 1/2C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2C oat flour
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4tsp baking powder
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/2C applesauce
- 2Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2C coffee
- 1/4C agave
- 1 egg
- 1Tbsp tequila
- 1/4C chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray silicone baking mold with coconut oil spray, place on baking sheet, and set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients, and whisk together.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry, and stir gently to combine.
- Stir chocolate chips into mixture
- Spoon the batter into the baking mold, and tap the pan lightly against the counter to remove any bubbles. Top with heart sprinkles if you're feeling festive
- Bake at 350 for 17-19 minutes. Mini-Loaves are done when a toothpick inserted to the center comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
**Serve with friends, family, hugs, and sprinkle them with a little extra love**
i like baked eggs and i cannot lie
Can we all just agree that cute food tastes better? There’s something about these sweet like baked eggs with their happy yellow yolks that just makes me smile! I love that they can be customized to whatever your mood is, and work with whatever you have on hand. Bonus- they’re a hit with a brunch crowd!
- 1 Dozen Large Eggs
- 6 stalks asparagus, chopped into thin rounds
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 2Tbsp Salsa or pico de gallo
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray silicone baking mold (try this one or this one) with coconut oil spray, and place on a metal cookie sheet for stability
- Dice all veggies, mix together in a bowl with salsa, and 1-2TBSP to each muffin tin (or mini-loaf tin)
- Crack 1 egg into each tin. Tamp the pan 2-3 times to ensure there are no air pockets
- Cook at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until the yolk is set.
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving, or cool completely before storing for meal prep.
**These can be served warm, at room temperature. To reheat microwave for 30 seconds, covered with a damp paper towel.
**Serve with salad, avocado toast, or on their own! 2 eggs per serving
when you want to be fancy, but you also want to be lazy
This quick marinade will add the perfect kick to any mid-week dinner! This recipe can be baked in the oven, or cooked on the grill- choose your own adventure!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2c Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1Tbsp fresh dill
- 1/4c olive oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, and add chicken to mixture
- Cover with plastic wrap, and let marinate for dinner 2-24 hours
- Preheat grill to 450 degrees
- Cook 7-8 minutes on each side
- Rest 5-10 minutes before serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place chicken in a glass baking dish, and tent with foil
- Cook 10 minutes on one side, flip, and cook 15 minutes covered on second side
- Let rest 5-10 minutes before serving
Serve with tatziki and grilled veggies!
Chipotle Salsa Rice
the perfect addition to stuffed peppers
This rice is the perfect pairing with grilled chicken or fish, and is the perfect ingredient in stuffed peppers.
- 1C Brown Rice
- 1C Chipotle Salsa
- 1C Water
- 1tsp Chili Powder
- 1tsp Garlic Powder
- 1tsp Smoked Paprika
- In a medium sauce pan, rinse rice with cool water until water runs clear (this usually takes 2-3 rinses)
- Pour out rinsing water, and add all remaining ingredients to the pot.
- Cook over medium heat until liquid comes to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover pot, and cook to directions on rice package)
- Once rice is cooked, remove from heat, and fluff rice with a fork.
My Favorite Smoothie
My breakfast of choice
This smoothie is fast, delicious, healthy, and, if you swap vanilla protein powder for chocolate, tastes just like a Wendy's frosty
- 8oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 banana
- 1 serving vanilla Tone It Up protein powder
- 1Tbsp Peanut Butter Powder
- 1/2c ice
- 1Tbsp Coffee Grounds
Place all ingredients in a blender, and mix until smooth. Best enjoyed in a cute cup with a straw
Yogurt Parfaits 3 Ways
the perfect lunch or snack- kid approved
Kids are bombarded with sugary, colored yogurts. Mix it up with these sweet treats loaded with protein, light on the sugar
- 6oz unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 1/4c mixed berries
- 1tbsp honey
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1/2 banana
- 1tbsp honey
- 1/4c chopped apples
- 1tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1tbsp graham cracker crumbs
- 1tbsp honey
- 1tsp cinnamon
For the nights when you think 'oh crap what's for dinner?!'
Prep: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or 1tsp garlic powder
- 1 15oz can low sodium bean, rinsed (I use pinto beans or cannelini beans)
- 1 15oz can unsalted crushed tomatoes
- 1 bunch tuscan kale, washed, and torn into pieces (remove the stems)
- 1qt low sodium broth (i use bone broth or chicken broth)
- 1tsp chili powder
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1tbsp olive oil
- In a stock pot or cast iron dutch oven (I use this one), add olive oil, onions, and garlic. Cook 3-4 minutes until everything begins to soften.
- Add turkey, and cook until brown
- Once the turkey has browned, add spices, and stir thoroughly
- Add beans, tomatoes, and broth
- Cover and let simmer for 10-15 minutes
- After 15 minutes, uncover, and add kale to the soup
- Cover, and let simmer for 5 minutes
**This soup is hearty enough to eat on its own, but feel free to serve it over 1/4c quinoa. Makes 6 Servings. Pairs well with Wine Not Wednesday ;)
Triple Berry Protein Muffins
OUR FAVORITE GRAB AND GO SNACK
Prep: 10 minutes Bake: 15-20 minutes Makes 12 Muffins or 24 Mini-Muffins
- 1-1/4C Oat Flour
- 3/4C Vanilla Tone It Up Protein Powder
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1-1/2tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1C Almond Milk
- 2TBSP Agave Syrup (or Honey)
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4C Mixed Berries (I use equal parts blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease muffin tin with coconut oil, or use paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Add wet ingredients, and stir until combined.
- Fold in berries. Be careful not to over-mix (I learned this the hard way- purple muffins, party of 1)
- Spoon batter into prepared tin. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in muffin tin for 5 minutes before transferring to wire cooling rack.
** Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Best served with friends, coffee, and laughter. **
Spiced Pineapple Rum Punch
mele kalikimaka! This punch is the perfect way to say merry christmas to youuuuuu and your guests;)
Prep: 15 minutes Inactive Time: 30 Minutes Makes 8 Servings
- 3Tbsp Mulling Spices (whole spices, or 2 sachets of ground mulling spices)
- 3Tbsp Honey
- 1/2C Water
- Place ingredients in a small sauce pan, and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat, and let the mixture simmer until the liquid has reduced by half (about 10 minutes)
- Remove from heat, and cool completely. Once cooled, strain mulling spices, and set the syrup aside for use, or refrigerate in a jar for up to 3 days
- 4C Pineapple Juice
- 1/4C Spiced Syrup
- 1 1/2 C Dark Spiced Rum
- 3 cans Pamplemousse La Croix (or 36oz sparkling water)
- Place all ingredients in a 96oz pitcher except the sparkling water.
- Cover, and let refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Add sparkling water and give a quick stir when you're ready to serve
- Garnish cups with fresh cranberries and orange segments
**For an alcohol-free mocktail, omit rum, and add one additional can of sparkling water. CHEERS!**